Reef Check News
We're Hiring! Seeking Southern California Regional Manager
Southern California Regional Manager – RC California Program
The Reef Check Foundation seeks a Regional Manager to help maintain and grow our rocky-reef ecosystem monitoring program in Southern California. This is a full-time leadership position that will entail extensive travel for training and dive surveys throughout Southern California and occasionally, outside the region. During April to November, work will often occur on weekends. The position can be home-based anywhere in Southern California or at Reef Check's main office in Marina del Rey.
We seek an outstanding leader who is passionate about marine conservation, self-motivated and is able to inspire volunteers and work independently. The successful candidate will:
1. Recruit and train volunteer divers in the RC California monitoring protocol;
2. Organize and lead RC surveys of rocky reefs in Southern California;
3. Organize and conduct outreach activities;
4. Assist with strategic planning and volunteer support activities.
1. A Bachelors or Masters degree in marine biology or related field;
2. An accredited research diving certification (i.e. AAUS) with considerable research diving experience in California waters and a certification as a dive leader;
3. Detailed knowledge of the ecology and taxonomy of rocky reef ecosystems in California;
4. Experience teaching recreational and/or research divers;
5. Experience as a dive professional (Dive Master or Instructor)
Previous Reef Check survey training and experience leading volunteer divers will be an advantage. Successful candidates will be well organized, have a strong work ethic with a high level of self-motivation and enthusiasm and excellent oral and written communication skills. Applicants must have a reliable vehicle and be available to begin this position in January 2017.
Salary commensurate with experience. Medical/dental plan and 401(k) with company match.
Review of applicants will commence on November 20th 2016.
Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references via email to:
Jan Freiwald: firstname.lastname@example.org