Reef Check News
Reef Check Seeks Development Director
The Reef Check Foundation seeks a Development Director to join our dynamic team based in Los Angeles. The Development Director will launch a major gifts program, seek corporate sponsors and write grant proposals for our tropical and California programs.
The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years experience in start-up fundraising for small to medium-sized non-profits, and will be very comfortable cultivating and soliciting donors for major gifts. He/she will also have a track record of writing successful grant applications in the range of $100K to $1 million. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who can work independently with support from the staff and the Board.
• Work with the Board, ED and staff to design and implement a comprehensive, annual fundraising plan
• Identify, cultivate and solicit individual and corporate donors
• Research and identify funding opportunities for all Reef Check programs
• Write, submit and track grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and government sources
• Work with ED and program directors to develop organizational budget and fundraising goals
• Maintain a database of funding opportunities and current grants to insure timely applications and assist with reporting
• Analyze the effectiveness of fundraising efforts to meet fundraising goals
• BA with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven track record of major gifts, campaigns, and grant proposals
• Experience working with non-profit Boards of Directors and volunteers
• Fundraising experience in SoCal is an advantage. May require occasional travel.
This is a full time position (5 day work week). Compensation commensurate with experience, including 401k with company match and health/dental plan. To apply send cover letter detailing track record and salary expectation, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st.
Founded in 1996, the Reef Check Foundation is a California based 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of the world’s reef ecosystems. Reef Check’s mission is to empower local communities to protect and rehabilitate reefs worldwide. It does so through grassroots research, conservation, and community education.